Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [wxPython-users] Modal window not behaving modall

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [wxPython-users] Modal window not behaving modally
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:28:53 +0200

> Reply from Robin regarding the modal stuff - Havn't thought about how to
> apply
> this yet.

Richard, can you forward this to the appropriate list and/or Robin Dunn ?

> Does it make a difference what the dialog's parent window is?  Try using
> wxGetTopLevelParent(self) or perhaps None.
None didn't.

wxGetTopLevelParent() does.

Note that that patient picklist is a wxDialog. Only if I use
GetTopLevel...() on the (passed in) *parent* of the wxDialog
do I get the right behaviour. That parent is (in the standalone
test code) a wxTextCtrl, eg.:

cPatientSelector(wxTextCtrl)
 -> picklist = cPatPickList(parent=self)        eg parent=wxTextCtrl descendant
     -> wxDialog(parent=parent)                 eg parent=wxTextCtrl descendant

> Which platform and version are you working with?
Happens on

Linux (Suse 7.3)
Python 2.2
wxPythonGTK-py2.2-2.4.0.6