Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui-Designers was the id_name debate

From: scaredycat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui-Designers was the id_name debate
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 02:19:27 +1000

it's not python, (in java),  and tars to a 2meg tar file, even after
removing library *.jar files, and cleaning of doc and class files.
(344k if gzipped).

Is it ok to check-in?

Of course it is OK

looking forward to see it,
Horst

ok, I imported it into test-area/sjtan/test-struts-3 . I made sure I could rebuild it first , from current web downloads , but it takes quite a lot of configuration, the same as Oscar McMaster. Should be a revision if Oscar McMaster has
worked for you (except the build part)

README and TROUBLESHOOTING describes what's below.

Basically, have jdk1.4 and Ant installed; download binary apache-struts-1.1 and copy its lib directory contents into
the WEB-INF/lib directory;
download binary jakarta-tomcat 5 , and copy commons/lib/servlet-api.jar into the WEB-INF/lib directory as well;
this regenerates the original package, in order to get the thing to build.
cd to  WEB-INF/src/  and run 'ant' to build.

Then make sure jakarta-tomcat has a manager role and user with this role in tomcat-5/conf/tomcat-users.xml ; make sure it can find a postgres driver (copy the postgresql.jar to tomcat-5/commons/lib/ ) , and load the built application via it's META-INF/context.xml file in the 2nd option of the tomcat manager's web deploy section page. (see README) The META-INF/context.xml file needs to have the absolute path to where the application's directory is as docBase attribute, and its user and password attributes have to be a valid Postgres/Gnumed read-write user/password.

The application's dummy login is 'admin' 'password'. Only demographics has search, edit and create. There is an outline of clinical, but not yet functional. Because the application uses Struts framework, it is likely to be quickly comprehensible to a Struts developer ( however, might have overused the PlugIn application config a bit).