Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics editor

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics editor
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:10:02 +0200

> What do we currently (or what do we want to) store or cache at the
> end of any user's -- or client computer's--  GnuMed session?
>
> I earlier suggested that if a patient were to be loaded automatically
> at log-in, it would make the most sense for it to be the patient who
> had been last accessed by that user.
If people speak up and want that it can easily be done by
means of a configuration option. The one problem would be that
it is not clear which patient was the last one accessed when
several GnuMed instances where running when the workstation
shut down. It's solvable - last come last serve - but it's
likely not what was intended.

> the patient who was being worked on by someone else not to mention
> potential privacy issues.
Ah, good point ! This also rules out loading a "random"
patient (eg. the first in the database or some such) at
startup when no previous patient is recorded.