Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui-Designers was the id_name debate

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui-Designers was the id_name debate
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:48:52 -0700

Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>, address@hidden

At 7:39 PM +0200 9/16/04, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
 > This goes back to the backend issues. If
 you create a patient with a duplicate health insurance number, OSCAR
 complains that "one of the keys has been duplicated" (it does not
 tell you which key) but this is an after-the-fact prompt, after
 having already permitted the duplicate record to be created.
Are you sure ?

Yes, I tested it deliberately. All of surname, first name, sex, and dob required values, and if I try to create a new patient inputting identical data for these AND PROVIDED I also input an identical value for the health insurance number (which is not required) I get the error complaining of the already existing value even though record creation was completed. If instead I create a near-matching value and in a later edit step modify the value to satisfy what should be a match there is no complaint, making me think that quality control was being done by the patient creation widget but not the patient editing widget (and not the backend).