Re: [Gnumed-devel] URGENT - hherb.com hacked

From: catmat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] URGENT - hherb.com hacked
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:48:52 +1100

Horst Herb wrote:

hherb.com has been hacked, a root kit installed.
This happened probably on 15th of November (at least some of the kitted files like rm, chmod, login, ifconfig etc. bear such time stamp and log entries before that date look unsuspicious)

The network interface was in promiscuous mode at least since 15.11 - so consider your paswords compromised. If you use them on any other system, change them IMMEDIATELY!
Has this got anything to do with savannah?

The other day , I cvs to gnu.savannah.org and got prompted for a password,
so I changed my password later .

I 've only access hherb.com through the public psql    port  for gnumed ,
is it possible to buffer overrun the psql shell?