[Gnumed-devel] re: choice of web application framework

From: catmat
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] re: choice of web application framework
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 04:59:12 +1100

What I can't understand is why you didn't use a Python-based Web application
framework like Zope (http://zope.org/) or Woven
(http://twisted.sourceforge.net/TwistedDocs-1.2.0/howto/woven.html)
so you can share code with the rest of the project.
What , and learn something new ? ;)
Not really sure how zope works - did look at it a few years ago, and I thought its concept of object was a downloadable/uploadable file, then.
Haven't seen woven.

The reason I used java is that I've been wanting to find out what tomcat was all about for about 3 years, and there was this flood of struts books a couple of years ago , and eclipse was touted the best thing since sliced bread java IDE - the usual sucker for market hype sort of reason . Really, I think it's the same thing people keep going to the pokies, the refactoring , auto-building, auto-correcting IDE keeps giving me little
rewards and punishments, and I 've just got to use it.