Re: [Gnumed-devel] The 1,2,3's of SOAP for multiple problems-2

From: Carlos Moro
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] The 1,2,3's of SOAP for multiple problems-2
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:46:21 +0100

Hi all,

Richard Terry wrote:

| I would urge you to actually put gnuMed stuff you are developing to
| the test in the clinical real-time, and I emphasise real-time,
| situation. But do so with a Zen 'beginners mind' - ie don't
| approach it with the attitude that what you have developed will
| work.

That will be a great moment and another development cycle will arise.
But, at the current moment i think the most  important tenet is
getting  (asap) some ui functional enough (not final) that can pass to
some pilote-testing deployment enviroments. We'll get then enough (a
lot, surely) feedback and we'll have time and testing experiences to
fix and pulish all needs...

| Note that I frequently do that - the tabbed mutliple SOAP concept
| being a classic. My gut reaction, because I think the sashed SOAP
| stuff sucks so much because it is so inelegant, was that it was a
| waste of time - yet I gave it a little thought - and an hours
| fiddling to write the code in between patients, and hey, I was
| impressed. Multiple SOAPs are really good - it is just how you
| implement them

It hasn't been implemented nothing but a first draft at the moment...
Let's give a try. Really, it's not so much time , and  it's not a
waste of time at all (trying new paths like the present is always
healthy), and it's sure a great part of the code and ideas can be
straightforward applied to other approaches (controller main window -
current leaft/future tabs... not so much design different), like multi
tab. I myself will write the multi-tabbed version after multi-sash
would be mostly done, there's not problem at all. But, just let us
give enough time, help and trust to code and improve... Don't doubt
we'll finally find satisfaction for all ideas... and will provide
final users with all and the most suitable solutions...

Best regards,
Carlos