Re: [Gnumed-devel] Aggregating health issues on screen.

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Aggregating health issues on screen.
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:47:15 +0100

> > I am a bit stymied because I cannot tell whether no-one on the list
> > thinks it useful to be able to aggregate (to see grouped together in
> > a GUI widget) any relationship among episodes, or whether there is
> > subconscious agreement and only a nagging feeling of how to do this
> > without complicating the data structure.
>
> I think it is essential to aggregate, but in a HTML control or RichTExt Ctrl
Agree !

> My personal beleif is that every SOAP episode should be actively linkable by
> the doctor to a problem (either active or inactive).
In GnuSpeak this should read "every SOAP row is linked to an
episode by means of which it belongs to a 'problem'" (a
problem being the reason for the episode/encounter - while the
health issue being the reason for the problem ;-)

I fully agree with what you say here, Richard. The only thing
is that we try to be logically consistent and make it possible
for the doctor to link distinct parts of the encounter
(encountlets, IOW) to their *respective* problem instead of
simply linking the entire encounter to a "best-fitting"
problem.

> I did post a couple of
> png's showing how this could be activated recently, I'll post htem again as a
> reminder. Again the backend stuff is in others hands, but I can't see why
> such a linkage of each SOAP encounter should be difficult.
It is already supported. Note, that we link SOAP *rows*, not
encounter as a whole.

> When I experimented with the various SOAP mechanism, I included in this one a
> combo where the user could link the SOAP note to one or more diagnoses, or
> start a new diagnoses - have a look at the two on the right in this png:
I/We try to not be so fixed on "diagnosis". I try to speak of
"problems" (as in "name for episode/AOE/RFE/whatever). Some of
those may get qualified as *being* of the quality of a scientific
diagnosis.

> This next screen dump is showing a simple on screen mechanism to invoke a
> listing of all occurences of a past history problem. NOte the popup menu
> option of 'view all occurrences in progress notes':
As always you have excellent workflow suggestions which I
should certainly like to see implemented eventually - which
will happen step by step, however ...