Re: [Gnumed-devel] MimsAnnual Data is not prescribing data remember

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] MimsAnnual Data is not prescribing data remember
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:29:54 +1100

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:10, Richard Terry wrote:
> I need to emphasise here that this is the 'Big MIMS', ie the reference
> data, ie a drug browser data,  not the day to day prescribing data which is
> in an entirely different format, so I hope others have not got their hopes
> up about that. I'm sure Horst, Ian and any Australian GP's will have
> understood that, if not please stand corrected.

So this most excellent news is due to your doing? This is a remarkable
achievement.

The MIMS annual is really all we want, since the prescribing info (strengths,
package sizes, generic and brand names, ATC codes, subsidy and pricing info)
is fully contained in the freely available and regularly updated PBS data
set.

I believe we should integrate a "one-click order form" in the "About" box of
our MIMS drugref adapter as a thanks to that company, so that those users who
are happy with the sample can order subscribe to the current version.

Horst