Re: [Gnumed-devel] postgresql 8.0 and Windows

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] postgresql 8.0 and Windows
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:44:50 +0100

> Apart from running pgsql, was there anything else about gnumed that a
> Windows machine would have problems running?
Some aspects of wxWidgets may be sub-optimal which needs being
investigated/ruled out.

> What kind of importance has pgsql 8 for Windows? Mainly to being able
> to *serve* postgres from a Windows server
Yes.

> or will pgsql 8 be of any
> special advantage to Windows *clients* running the gnumed python
> application?
No.

The main advantage is that we can now fairly safely say "Oh,
just install this package here and you'll be set." No need to
try to talk Windows-only practices into set up a U*NIX machine
to run the GnuMed server. One should obviously still warn of
the dangers but there's your option.