[Gnumed-devel] database schema test_type_local

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] database schema test_type_local
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:25:30 -0800

When I look at this name, I expect the table may pertain to tests that are done locally i.e. at the point of care or perhaps tests that are being defined locally.

The table touches on the latter but is meant to aggregate results that deal semantically with the same measurement while originating from different coding systems or having different names inside a coding system.

would be clearer IMHO to rename the _local suffix to
_base or
_merge or
_unify or
_redux (I think it means "bring back")