[Gnumed-devel] localization

From: catmat
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] localization
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:41:17 +1100

in order to get a web client to update a text field using non ascii characters such as รค , I had to do an initdb -E LATIN1 -d /var/ ...., then re-bootstrap the gnumed schema.

to set the text encoding to european.
When the client gets a connection , it has to do "set client_encoding to LATIN1";

then updates seem to work, and re-editing gives the same characters , although the browser's encoding has to be unicode (utf-8) , for the text field's to have the right characters.

If I do the above with just postgres's UNICODE , it doesn't work.

any tips appreciated.