Re: [Gnumed-devel] unmatched [path] results (was tracking status of "blo

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] unmatched [path] results (was tracking status of "blob" style path results)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:30:55 +0100

> Is the table purposely named to disaggregate it (in any listing) from
> test_results?
No.

> Can we instead use test_result_unmatched?
Yes.

> Or in fact, would people import fetched results into a staging table
> and should this table be part of the schema?
This table was thought to *be* the staging table. It *is* part
of the schema already. I tried to set up the fields such that
they might be a reasonable attempt at matching any test
results.

An importer might, however, use several more staging table if
need be.

> I might think that instead of writing unmatched results into an
> "unmatched" table, we are really taking about the records that are
> "leftover" from the staging table after being unable to be matched?
Well, sure, that's precisely the point. The importer imports
and whatever it can't match to a patient is dumped into the
*_unmatched table. The user then needs to disambiguate and
then the records are moved from there to the real table. For
that parts of the importer code are re-run, of course.