Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed/client/etc/config-definitions/DBDefault.defini

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed/client/etc/config-definitions/DBDefault.definitions vs. gnumed/sql/gmConfigData.sql
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:13:29 -0800

I have linked to this email from the wiki at
http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigurationStoredInBackend

At 11:56 PM +0100 2/14/05, Hilmar Berger wrote:
Basically, the idea was that
a) gmCfg/gmConfigData.sql supports only basic types (numeric, string, str_array) while we might want some higher-level types (like color, predefined ranges etc) later and b) the admin might not want to hack sql-files to change/add config options (at least I wouldn't)

...So actually the duplication of functionality is something I wanted - although on a somewhat higher level than gmConfigData.sql. I'm not sure if it really what we need or if something should be changed/simplified.

The workflow I imagined was...