Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:49:26 +0100

> >My preference was to keep org and v_basic_person consistent on the
> >backend, but I can see this is a losing battle. I've put getId ()
> >back.
I just missed that. doing org.id -> org.pk_identity would be
OK with me.

> Richard and Ian seem each now to be working on demographics & I
> surmise also GUI widget development (though I am not sure if Ian
> works in horst-space or richard-space).
In new-richard-space. Unaptly called HorstSpace :-( for
historical reasons.

> What is the best way to get demographics working in the shortest
> time, using the people currently involved?  How do we clear the way?
I would suggest just letting them (Ian and Richard) go on.

> (a) what more of the demographic functionality for 0.1 is needed to
> be defined, and let us assure the RoadMap contains the needed detail
"Better" defined would perhaps help.

> (b) after (a) shall we examine the relevant tables in the schema to
> identify anything extra that should be added or modified (including
> any changes of name), doing so, and then *delay* changes EXCEPT as
> required by demographics, until after 0.1
I would suggest delaying unnecessary changes in the schema
from right now.

> (c) can we figure out to get the db schema as generated by PG autodoc
> to reflect it? is the cron job running
yes

> and is it tripping over anything?
no

> (d) I am new to objects (the classes & API etc) but imagine if they
> get renamed or restructured then that, too, will break things and
yes

> might be nice to avoid breaking. Can we identify what issues / needs
> demographics would have of the objects and again try to freeze or
> minimally disturb them except as demographics requires during its 0.1
> construction?
At the very least I would suggest to rename cOrg to cParty
which makes a whole lot more sense (to me).

> Can we assemble whatever is the to-do list and maybe move what is
> currently on the RoadMap page to a new page like
> PatientCreationAndModification
linked from the roadmap, yes

> - should Search be included here?
no, extra page, I would assume