Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui - not just a pretty face

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui - not just a pretty face
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:22:00 -0800

At 2:05 PM +1100 3/14/05, Richard Terry wrote:
Better still, install wxP[yth]on2.5 and ask me for the last gui-demo (which BTW
I've currently stopped working on as there seems little chance of it being
implemented, and I can't see the point of spending time on something that is
not appreciated).

I think it's *appreciated* but maybe it is being felt that
        not integrated = not appreciated

Maybe the crux of the matter is the difference of views on 0.1, maybe
        if not included in 0.1 = not acceptable = not appreciated

Moreover if gnumed 0.1 is possible with "only a rudimentary" GUI, is Richard's concern that if 0.1 is built that way, the die will be cast and gnumed will never acquire the sophistication Richard advocates?

Can anything dissuade that concern?

Would the completion of 0.1 (*without* the design Richard advocates) permit a strategic, engineering determination of how, to what extent, and at what stage(s), Richard's approach could be implemented?