Re: [Gnumed-devel] wells score - how to store it ?

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] wells score - how to store it ?
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:12:50 +1000

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 11:57:36AM +0200, Hilmar Berger wrote:

IMHO the easiest way to store this and the most robust one is the following:

1. store one line or entry in clin_narrative describing the name and result of
the test (e.g. (GCS: 5))

Agree. Examples: APGAR, GCS, Wells, MMS, you-name-it.
Hmm, there are a great number. OK having tables for all these *is* insane. ;-)

I think that nailed it down. Scores are processed test
results. Period.
Sounds good.
How do we maintain the link between the lab_result item and the form instance
containing the individual score answers used to calculate the score?
Or is the fact that they are linked to the same episode sufficient?

Ian