Re: [Gnumed-devel] OMG and HL7 to cooperate

From: kittylitter
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] OMG and HL7 to cooperate
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:48:09 +0800

On Tue Apr 19 23:40 , J Busser  sent:

>Will this news have impact on any of our selection of tools and standards?
>
>http://www.omg.org/news/releases/pr2004/09-15-04.htm

http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?security/2004-06-01

it's interesting browsing the corba usage examples under healthcare,
that it seems to be used in intranets. There was a comment that one company
was in the midst of implementing a secure system , using the corba security
model,
which has SecurityContexts , sounding like the terminology used
in ipsec (security associations). From the reading above, it seems like
something really basic was missed in the protocol specification (not requiring
aknowledgement of security context change messages during a message exchange to
change security contexts) of the 1.0 protocol version, leading
to implementations doing whatever they liked to fix this problem, and breaking
interoperability.

So it's nice to know the big guys get it wrong, and are still in the process of
having to revise what they are doing,
 so we're not really that far behind .

BTW, as an example of obvious defects in applications, I hate how
gv and kghostview doesn't let you select text if pdf docs for copying and
pasting into emails for discussion, while xpdf can.