Re: [Gnumed-devel] Another US open source EMR nearly ready.

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Another US open source EMR nearly ready.
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:36:06 +0800

Looking at this app, it appears to be based on some in house
application web framework called Cellini. It tends to be like
a lot of the other US EMRs where the focus is on selling the EMR
rather than using the EMR. Most of the commercial stuff seems
quite well though out, e.g. scheduling, billing ;
the concept of Encounter seems to be mainly a billing episode,
and something to associate a single notes field, document files,
and forms with.
i.e.
EMR = calendar + scheduling + billing + form editor + enumeration editor
(an enumeration seems to be a list of named, numbered and possibily coded
items, so it could go into one table , if the enumeration name was also a key).
Still, I did like the appointments name searching widget , it seems to
do that stuff with monitoring user input and dispatching and receiving
dynamic updates asynchronously in a web app ( what's the jargon,
uses javascript and DOM , AXIS, I think ).

On Fri May 20  5:16 , Tim Churches  sent: