Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: why things take so long.

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: why things take so long.
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:48:17 +1000

Decision support need not take long at all.

Once again it is a function of your database design and what type of decision
support you are trying to achieve.

Malcolm Ireland and I did much mucking around with decision support
integration into my program many years ago.

Much of the decision support which will have a major impact on your practice
is the big picture stuff - such as drug interactions, or provision of
information to aid the clinician in decision support, or antibiotic
guidelines, drug/disease interactions or simple age/sex related matters

By the time gnuMed got up to any sort of sophisticated decision support - if
it ever does, I suspect we will be running a Pentium20 rather than a Pentium
2 etc.

Regards

Richard