Re: [Gnumed-devel] Feature Freeze announcement

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Feature Freeze announcement
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:15:18 +0200

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 06:04:55PM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:

> I think the SOAP widget interface is quite good ; it's got
> a certain inflexibility that tries to make users think logically
> before entering an encounter.
Actually, there really isn't the kind of inflexibility you
mention. It is fully configurable, eg the user can decide how
many input fields of what soap type with what label she wants
-- we just did not implement loading the configuration yet -
eg the configuration is hard-coded currently.

> There's a few functions I can't find or need to be done
> I think for 0.1; e.g.

> health issue creation,
It isn't entirely obvious (and needs documentation for sure)
but if you type "phx" in a soap input field you'll be offered
a popup for entering past medical history - or in other words
health issues.

> reassignment of unnamed episodes to other health issues,
Correct. This is missing. Not sure how crucial for 0.1,
though. A hook is provided in the EMR tree already.

>  allergies editing,
not 0.1

> addressbook;
not 0.1

> request/ref generation ( using the test-area/ian stuff);
not 0.1

> I still don't know how to , say, browse a directory of image files ,
not 0.1

> and attach them to specific people by patient search and manual linking.
not 0.1 but it can be done and if you read the docs in the
Wiki you'll know how

> Current medication and script management
not 0.1

> Currently, I'd like to try to get a basic hl7 v2 mapping to lab_request;
> test_result
> sub-schema for 0.1 as well.
I strongly welcome this effort ! It's not going to be in 0.1
though.

> Too much to ask for?
Yes. For 0.1 anyways.