Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: tricky

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: tricky
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 14:48:40 +0800

On Mon May 30  0:24 , Karsten Hilbert  sent:

>Let's refine the exporter first. Also, my hope would be to end
>up with an SQL file (no matter how many steps inbetween) that
>can simply be run through psql within one transaction ...
>
>Karsten
>--

Ok, now I remember what you said, use  scripted  postgres variables to store
the nextval of  relevant sequences. Doable too, just a bit more complicated
in constructing the insert statements, but means no importer needed.
Hard to say which is the best approach, so I'll try it that way and
see how difficult it is.
( the way I suggested is pretty easy to see  how to do , though).