Re: [Gnumed-devel] Refresh problems on Windows

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Refresh problems on Windows
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:13:32 +0200 (MEST)

> could it be that some of these problems are caused by a missing call to
> wxPaintDC in the _on_paint_event() method in gmRegetMixin.py ? I've read
that
> omitting this may cause problems particularly on Windows (see wxPython
> docs).
... just checked it and - surprise - this seems to do the job (at least on
my win XP machine). I didn't see any problems with page repaints at all
after applying the fix.

This is the bugfix:
wxpython/gmRegetMixin.py:
        #-----------------------------------------------------
        def _on_paint_event(self, event):
                """Repopulate UI if data is stale."""
                dc = wx.wxPaintDC (self)
                if self._data_stale:
                        self.__populate_with_data()

Looks like this is not needed on WinXP but not on Linux/GTK.
I will check this in later. I will try to rebuild the installer, too.

Hilmar

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More +++