Re: [Gnumed-devel] further testing / bugs

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] further testing / bugs
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:33:17 +0200

> Another problem is we often simply don't agree on some functional aspects.
> For example Richard and I find the episode-issue-problem-encounter system too
> complex,
It only seems complex. It's not something we've pulled out
of the hat either. It's pretty much the standard model in
the community. Any serious effort at modelling GP level
health care has

 - encounters
 - episodes
 - problem list

The only thing we add is health issues. Which are added in a
way that they can be pretty much ignored. Such that an
interface could be written making them virtually invisible
to the user.

> we would be happy with a flat set of time-ordered progress notes
> for 1.0, let alone 0.1.
The data quality of such is abysmal. However, one might want
to write a dumbed-down *interface* to the backend.

Or else one might install FreePM or FreeMed or ... That
would even gain one US billing.

> The wiki should also include a (techically-oriented) page on how data makes
> its
> way from a backend table to the widget and back,
I will write that next week.