Re: [Gnumed-devel] Comments on a running 0.1 version

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Comments on a running 0.1 version
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:20:33 +0200

> Having spent a couple of hours playing with this, you will not be pleased
> with
> my comments
never mind

> I'm also assuming I'm running the correct thing, so here is what I did:
> 1) Fresh cvs update
> 2) Created the gnumed_v1 database using sh redo_v1.sh
> 3) Ran the finished product by sh gm-0.1_from-cvs.sh
> 4)Logged onto my local machine.
This looks OK to me.

> bootup
> =====
> Saying yes or no to the popup box about language settings seems to not alter
> its behaviour next time around.
If you hit "yes" it will try to set the database language to
whatever your locale says it should be. If that fails (at
the database level, because there is no translation for that
language) you will be asked again next time you start GNUmed.

If you hit "no" it will record this decision in the config
file and not ask again next time around. However, when using
gm-0.1_from-cvs.sh the config file is copied to a temporary
location which is deleted when exiting the client. The
reason is that otherwise the config file would constantly
change and thereby constantly complain about CVS mismatches.

Real installations, of course, do none of that copy nonsense.