Re: [Gnumed-devel] automatic episode namin

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] automatic episode namin
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 07:51:54 +1000

snip.....
> Yes and no. As far as I am concerned I think we will enforce
> episode linkage in the database. However, I acknowledge that
> anyone is free to write a frontend that uses dummy episode
> names without even bothering the user about it as you
> suggest.

Great - ie you won't do it whilst you are there, when you are the one who is
implementing the logic. Surely you can compromise on this and just include
the code and put in a flag that can be set for those not wanting to have to
name an episode eg at first ever save in the dialogic box have something liek

Please enter episode name  OK, Cancel, with a checkbox saying 'generate
automatic episode name and don't ask me any more'.

Richard