Re: [Gnumed-devel] emrjounalplugin.py comments further html work

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] emrjounalplugin.py comments further html work
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:54:57 +1000

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:39, you wrote:
> Horst, in your mini-gnumed is each of your visit SOAP notes a single
> row in a clinical notes table?

Yes.

> And how are your many-to-one relationships between multiple problems,
> and a particular progress note, stored in the mini-gnumed backend?  I
> don't believe GNUmed proper, as its schema is currently defined,
> would support that (?)

See
http://hherb.com/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=repos+1&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fsql%2Fclinical.sql&rev=0&sc=0

There is a table clinical.progressnote_problems establishing a many-to-many
relationship between clinical.phx (containing all problems) and
clinical.progressnote (containing all progress notes).

However, since browsing progress notes and sorting them by problem etc. is a
common frequent task, I speed the process up by having a text array field in
clinical.progressnote containing just the text description of each problem
liked to the progressnote too.

This naughty redundancy gives me full speed either way, but it requires a bit
of programming discipline (could be enforced via trigger but I have been to
lazy to implement the trigger yet)

Horst