Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: lab data/blobs/tracking

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: lab data/blobs/tracking
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:17:07 +0200

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 01:33:28PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> I agree that any temptation to enable "supporting" workflow not
And I agree that temptation is a valid one. I think all the
confusion arose from my bad naming (tracking) of what we are
about to do (reviewed status handling).

> The tracking table, over and above its indexing/linking of content,
> will lend itself nicely to making sure that what needs to be seen
> *is/was* seen and can also easily enough be *seen again*. So are we
> agreed GNUmed is at this point able to consider not only the
> "structure", "mapping" and "input" of data but also construction of
> clinical (not admin) workflow?
In a way, yes. "Seen" seems to be such a basic and mandatory
workflow requirement that it'll be implemented at this stage
already (as opposed to, say, initiate_action - await_result
workflow).

> So part of the purpose/value of what I asked, and Karsten's replies,
> is to help keep clear any separation of the administrative and
> clinical parts? And also, that I might try to maintain an inventory,
> so that when it comes time for anyone to work on practice management,
> these unaddressed pieces, and their relationship to what is already
> implemented in GNUmed, might be more effectively planned?
Surely.