Re: [Gnumed-devel] running from cvs

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] running from cvs
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:50:04 +0200

On Friday 28 October 2005 02:37, Richard Hosking wrote:
> Sorry to keep bugging y'all, but
>
> I am now attempting to run gnumed from cvs - it looks as though this is
> a long way ahead of the downloadable client. I have got the stuff from
> cvs OK
Good

> There are several shell scripts in /gnumed/client/.
> I have tried them all - gm-0_2-from-cvs.sh seems to make most sense.
> Unfortunately they all fail for various reasons.
This is not uncommon.
> The errors reported are all related to classes inheriting an object from wx
>
> class <classname>(wx.object)
>
> reports no object in module

Could you paste the exact console output into your reply ?

> If I change this  to <classname >(wx.wxObject), the problem is fixed,
> but then I move to the next one  - clearly there is a problem in my setup
Please run check-prerequisites.sh from your cvs directory and let us know the
result.

> I would be grateful for pointers
Please start gm-0_2-from-cvs.sh again an look for the box that indicates the
location of our helpful log file. Please email this file to the list.

Unfortunately our main documentation resource is not available right now plus
I missed your initial email. Do you really want to use CVS (which I prefer)
or did you just miss the info on what other installation providers are
available ?

Thanks for testing,
Sebastian

--