Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed at LinuxworldExpo

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed at LinuxworldExpo
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:54:12 -0800

At 8:13 PM +0100 11/11/05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
A Live CD based on KNOPPIX will be available.

Something I have been wondering for some time.. how can/does a "Live CD" handle the requirements (as I am sure are issued by the OS and applications, especially database applications) to "write to disk"?

I expect *some* of this might be manageable by writing to a scratch or swap file, but can this also accommodate a GNUmed local database on the CD (or would the Live CD be client-only)?