Re: [Gnumed-devel] Transferring/importing/bootstrapping from legacy syst

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Transferring/importing/bootstrapping from legacy systems
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 08:58:10 -0800

At 1:09 AM +0100 1/21/06, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

 > I am not sure whether there exists for postgres any tools that permit
 it to "read" from the native .dbf form in which my data is stored,
Likely there are importers which read DBF and write to a
PostgreSQL database.

There is the following (shareware, $45) from the same site where Richard has chosen to get/use some tools:
        http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.320

 > - link table (patients' diagnoses)
Can you be more specific ?

Patient table:         patient_id
Diagnoses Table:  icd9_or_custom_code, description
LinkPt2Dx Table:  fk_patient_id, fk_icd9_or_custom_code