Re: [Gnumed-devel] DrugBrowser nicer piccie

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] DrugBrowser nicer piccie
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:20:28 +1100

As Karsten said, yes it is derived from my MimsAnnual postgres database. I've
imported all the text files into the somwhat mammoth database structure. (The
dump is about 50Meg!).

Though the database itself is complex to set up (highly normalised, so took
alot of typing in the fields etc,  it is easy to query, a single call pulls
in the entire PI and is substituted into the fields in an html template as
per the attatched file.

I can search and list drugs by name/indication for use/generics etc.

The display code  is pretty generic code, and any data souce returning a
dictionary with those column names would come pretty close to running in the
browser with minor mods.

Note from the filename (html_problem.txt) I've not been able to make the
anchors jump properly - Composition, Warning and Interactions do, but not the
rest. Perhaps your eagle eye can see why.

I've also done the small mims prescribing information, and have linked this to
my script editing area. I can type in the name of drug I want to prescribe,
bring up a list, choose the drug, pull in the packs, display the abbreviated
PI etc.

I've switched at the moment to working on a contacts database I"ve done all my
fields for both contacts (general - including organisations) and patients
demographics, including (Sigh!!!!, after much agonising, full normalisation
of communication data - phones/fax/carrier pigeons, etc, so that one can have
multiple home phones/mobiles/email addresses etc, without limiting the
display. I/ve imported my 6500 patients into postgresql and can pull names
out of the database, display them in the demogrpahics module, put all their
details into the textboxes, and am currently doing the update queries.

I hope to have a pretty much fully functional demographics module for AU done
by the end of the week.

Regards

Richard