Re: contacts, was: Re: [Gnumed-devel] DrugBrowser nicer piccie

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: contacts, was: Re: [Gnumed-devel] DrugBrowser nicer piccie
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 01:23:10 +0100 (MET)

> Von: Richard Terry <address@hidden>

> > I wonder what all the agony was for considering we already
> > have a demographics schema featuring
>
> You don't 'get it', Karsten. I am trying to learn.
I see. You use redoing (some) things as your tool for learning how to do it.
I have no problem with that. I have to admit I did not properly understand
this before.

Actually, apart from your learning, greater good may come from this approach
since through your reimplementation you might discover flaws in what is
already there. If so please do tell us/me. I have always emphasized that.

> Thanks for your understanding and continued support and assistance to let
> me evolve an understanding in my own way
Sure.

>, otherwise, I will give up again
Please, no, by all means do as you need to do to learn this stuff.

> I get totally put off my what seems to be your attitude, of 'why are you
> bothering - we have already done that.....'
See, the thing is that I always mistakenly assumed you *already knew* how to
do it and I was always wondering why you would then want to redo it. I did
not realize you had to learn the How first.

> The level of knowlege you assume often when I ask questions is way way
> way above my level of understanding.
I am truly sorry! This would never have dawned on me had you not explicitely
said it this way now!

> Ian has been helping me with basic, concrete examples that I can get my
> head around. I'd love that you can field my questions as well.
Yes, please do send questions.

I beg to acknowledge one thing, however: I have tried to always discuss both
sides good and bad of any approach (including mine) that has been put forth
on the list.