Re: [Gnumed-devel] Clinicians: document content date in archive

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Clinicians: document content date in archive
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 08:30:20 -0700

So, what do people think we should allow as input in terms
of string parsing. I am thinking of (d=digit):

 dddd - year
 d/dddd or dd/dddd - month/year
 dddd/dd/dd - year/month/day
 dddd/dd/dd hh:mm:ss - year/month/day hour:minutes:seconds

Do you think this will suffice ?

d or dd - date of current month
d/d or dd/dd - both ambiguous for month/day or day/month of current year (USA = month/day, CA = day/month despite which many in CA use as month/day)

Except for "d", which is probably agreed unambiguous hence easy to implement, the issue is whether to wholly reject entries that lack a 4-character year. To accept anything less, a local preference would have to be supported, yes? Maybe a date format per country (or is the date format specified already in the OS?)

Note earlier discussion on this:
        http://www.gnumed.org/documentation/develop/discussion/date.html