Re: [Gnumed-devel] guidline routed diagnostic in GNUmed

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] guidline routed diagnostic in GNUmed
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:01:24 -0700

On Sep 20, 2006, at 10:41 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

...I am typing/generating print jobs/entering data way
faster than a patient can follow. Even my collegues have a
hard time following the entering of a multi-page form and
they are used to working with the very same program on a
daily basis, too.

Maybe the points would be that instead of the patient being able to "follow" everything as it is being done (for that it not the important part), it is more valuable for the patient to be able to

- look at either the summary of their record (or the summary of the visit concerns) after they have been drafted or assembled but before they had been actioned, signed or committed and

- to be shown what they should understand, and expect, about what is going to happen to them i.e. the tests, or referrals, concerning one or more possible diagnoses. This is where the pooling of the "Plan" rows across soaP notes could help, together with the patient being given a copy of any referral forms. Alternatively the Map of Medicine could also be a big help in educating patients.