Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNumed 3rd party connectivity

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNumed 3rd party connectivity
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:35:35 +0100

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 07:42:20AM +0100, RKI Andreas wrote:

Sebastian is taking care of this ATM:

> About downloading GNUmed:
>
>   1. Savannah (http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gnumed/)
>      featuring GNUmed 0.1 from 2005
>      --> just update it or remove it at all, it just confuses newcomers

1) not easy to do
        - removing requires admin intervention
        - which is the very reason we don't use it as the primary
          download area anymore - maintenance is burdensome
        - however, the download link on the Savannah project page
          is redirected to the *real* download area
        - the above is only reachable by *direct* URL

>   2. http://www.gnumed.net redirected to http://gnumed.org/
>      Downloads
>         --> Nobody is interested that somebod iy proud to announce
>             the availablility of something - people want to download
>             the latest and greatest immediately and not following
>             a "here" link into an uncommented download area.
This will be fixed.

> Anyway, thanks for the good work on GNUmed
Not the least of which is your merit.