Re: [Gnumed-devel] next version progress note plugin

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] next version progress note plugin
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:37:05 +0100

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 08:04:32AM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:

> what about a button to switch to chronogical view of all notes
> on the right as well ?
This is intended for the second-to-next release: a merger
between the tree-based progress note *browser* and the new
progress notes input plugin.

The road towards that will be that the EMR tree will gain
filtering features one of which will be "show active
problems only". Then the problem list at the top left of the
progress notes editor will be replaced by it with the
default filter mode being "active problems".

For actually displaying the notes I'll still have to think
of a good way. Most likely they will move to a third middle
column in the layout as per Richards design.

I am not sure how to retain the "show excerpt from most
recent progress notes relevant to the currently edited
problem" functionality, though, which now lives at the top
right. Making the middle column display scroll to that part
whenever the progress note editor notebook at the bottom
right changes tabs doesn't feel proper as the user might
have scrolled to a specific place in the notes in the middle
on purpose.

If anyone got any good suggestions - feel free to share them.

One thing I might consider for this next release is to add a
radiobutton to the top right "most recent notes" display
which selects between "currently edited problem" and "all of
last encounter", which in the latter mode might simply do a
tail(1) on a chronological view so if you scroll up you
could indeed see all the previous notes.