Re: [Gnumed-devel] address@hidden: Re: [GENERAL] XMIN semantic at peril

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] address@hidden: Re: [GENERAL] XMIN semantic at peril ?]
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 02:17:57 +0000

having slept on it,  I was going to argue, but I've posted the query to
psql-novice . I was thinking the idiom is that the originally selected
value of an item needs to be stored apart from the client's current
value for an item, and at the beginning of every update transaction,
the old value needs to be re-selected, and compared to the original
stored selected value, and if it has changed, then this would be
equivalent to xmin checking on an item, without actually sticking
one's fingers into postgresql's guts.

On Fri Oct 12  8:04 , Tim Churches <address@hidden> sent: