[Gnumed-devel] On Mac OS X, gnumed_server_v8install.log (.txt)

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] On Mac OS X, gnumed_server_v8install.log (.txt)
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:47:38 -0800

Hi all

Here is a copy of the log that resulted from running

        ./bootstrap-latest.sh

        To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

My first password mistake was to provide the root password when the password was needed by sudo (needing my Mac user account pw.) Might it be reasonable to add You will need to supply your sudo (or root, if logged in as root) password:

Further down there are:

Using config file [/Volumes/MacBookHD_1/GNUmed-v8/server/ bootstrap/bootstrap-de.conf]. Using config file [/Volumes/MacBookHD_1/GNUmed-v8/server/ bootstrap/bootstrap-es.conf] Using config file [/Volumes/MacBookHD_1/GNUmed-v8/server/ bootstrap/bootstrap-ca.conf]. Using config file [/Volumes/MacBookHD_1/GNUmed-v8/server/ bootstrap/bootstrap-au.conf]. Using config file [/Volumes/MacBookHD_1/GNUmed-v8/server/ bootstrap/bootstrap-test_data.conf]. Using config file [/Volumes/MacBookHD_1/GNUmed-v8/server/ bootstrap/bootstrap-local_last.conf].

Does it cause a problem if multiple demographics (or other) "bundles" are installed?

I noted auditing and notifications are skipped, is that because those are not yet ready?

During bootstrap-latest-v4 I noticed

   I need the password for the GNUmed database user [gm-dbo].
   Please type password:

which I provided, and lower down encountered

        Done bootstrapping: We very likely succeeded.
        Dropping obsoleted staging database gnumed_v3 ...
        Password:
        Sorry, try again.
        Password:
        Sorry, try again.
        Password:
        sudo: 2 incorrect password attempts

I did not realize I was being asked my user-account level password, maybe without my realizing it "sudo" was being called. Maybe after "Dropping obsoleted..." can there be a line You will again need to supply your sudo (or root, if logged in as root) password:

I cannot tell from the failed (sudo: 2 incorrect password attempts) whether something was not successfully done. Maybe "staging database gnumed_v3" was not dropped? Is it desirable for me (or db admin) to drop such left-over tables so that they do not consume useful space or otherwise confuse anything?

Lower I noted the dropdb command seemed not to be found?

        Done bootstrapping: We very likely succeeded.
        Dropping obsoleted staging database gnumed_v4 ...
        Password:
        Sorry, try again.
        Password:
        sudo: dropdb: command not found