[Gnumed-devel] allergies - was fun w/ 0.2.8

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] allergies - was fun w/ 0.2.8
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:20:58 -0800

On 7-Jan-08, at 7:12 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Two people activate the same patient from the public
database.

One of them edits demographics data, say, the name,
DOB, or allergies.

Mmm... allergies is considered "demographic", not clinical? I am wondering if that is to support making th einformation available to nonlinical people. Alternatives include maintaining it as a health issue. Another consideration is whether and how it would interact with medications however I understand the whole "science" (??) of interaction-checking can get really messy!