[Gnumed-devel] GUI and plugins questions (single- or multi-patient)

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GUI and plugins questions (single- or multi-patient)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 23:33:33 -0800

Presently a user can have a variety of plugins active.

When they start GNUmed, they presently open into a work area that shows no patient. I think there had been some consideration of whether a last-selected-by-this user patient could be easily (if not automatically) re-selected, but that is to the side of what I seek to clarify.

Some of the present plugins depend on a patient being already selected:

        Patient details
        EMR tree
        Progress notes
        EMR journal
        Documents
        Import documents

Other plugins will contain items that pertain to multiple patients, or to no patients

        Inbox
        LabJournal (once it is ready)
        Reports
        Manual

Here are some things I am thinking / wondering

- for all plugins that handle results for multiple patients, it should be possible to filter to the currently-active patient, and we must be careful to prevent results from other patients being confused to belong to the current patient

- is it therefore important that the current patient is removed from focus when reviewing items for multiple patients, maybe by presenting, within these plugins, a button "Praxis" or "All patients"?

- if you select an item that belongs to a patient, and if that action would raise the attached patient, then any items that belonged to any other patient should be filtered out

- should the plugins that do not pertain to the current patient somehow be clustered together and maybe dimmed when a patient is in focus (until 'Praxis" or "All patients" is clicked?)