Re: [Gnumed-devel] lab_request.results_reported_when is not enough to ca

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] lab_request.results_reported_when is not enough to catch re-reported copies of the same result
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:57:22 -0800

On 12-Feb-08, at 1:32 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

OpenEHR defines three times regarding health care:

- time of clinical truth
- time of result obtained
- time of data entered into the EMR

Many times 1 and 2 will coincide but not always. GNUmed distinguishes
1+2 from 3: clin_when vs. modified_when.

It may suffice to copy, into tes_result.clin_when

OBR 007 (Specimen collection timestamp YYYYMMDDHHSS if time known YYYYMMDD if time unknown)

this way, once a distinct result is obtained from this time, we could avoid duplicates by making

        (fk_type + clin_when) UNIQUE

and just updating values if they had been corrected, and/or appending into note_provider (to be renamed note_test_org) if any more notes had been added

I *think* we will be OK to declare

        (fk_type + clin_when) UNIQUE

because I cannot expect there to be truly multiple values from a single specimen collection time, from the same lab, having the same code, given that multiple lines (as with culture reports) could be put into note_test_org ...

... except I am now only thinking if the patient provides multiple specimens like 3 collection cards for stool for occult blood, or if there were multiple specimens --- biopsies or tubes of body fluid --- all sent for the same test.