Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 00:31:04 -0700

On 2-Apr-08, at 6:45 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
I have added the buttons "Select unsigned" and "Select your
unsigned" to the results plugin for easier preselection.

Which is more useful:

 Select all unsigned abnormals

 Select your unsigned abnormals

I think

         Select all abnormals

Reasoning:

If I were to sign *any* lab results in the absence of the ordering doctor, it would either be because
        a specific result had been brought to my attention
        (for example, a phone call from the lab or from a patient)
        ... but I could select this one result myself

        or...
        I am engaged in some more substantial contact with the patient and,
        as part of the workflow, may as well sign everything that is unsigned
        and accept the lab's flags. Now I want to select all the abnormals in
        order to set their clinical significance, but they are already signed.
        As a result no cells would get selected,

The alternative flow would be to *first* deal with abnormals and *after* they had been signed and their clinical significance decided, take care of the remaining unsigned cells. If this makes more sense then I would position left-most

        Select unsigned abnormals <--- the "all" is not needed

then to the right I would position "Select unsigned" and "Select your unsigned"