[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed in Section contents in Synaptic Package Manage

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed in Section contents in Synaptic Package Manager
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:49:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, James Busser wrote:

self-replying to

1. could the deb files and read-me docs include mention of the default user-id and passwords "any-doc", "any-doc"

/usr/share/doc/gnumed-client/README.Debian
does this - but I admit it needs updating (and I'm doing so right now).

2. since Debian and especially Ubuntu newbie users of "stable" may be unaware of newer versions of GNUmed, might we mention in future deb and read-me docs a line such as:

Anyone using the "stable" versions of Debian and Debian-based distros like Ubuntu need to be aware that extra steps are required to become aware of, and to install, the server software, and/or newer versions of the GNUmed client. See the online information at www.gnumed.org.

Maybe it would be more simple and consistent if the information instead said:

        Please check the Release status at http://www.gnumed.org

The client should enable connection to the public "test" server using the userid "any-doc" and password "any-doc".

<after this, can the same information as Karsten uses in the client splashscreen be used?>

Well, I would really welcome patches against such doc files.  It is
quite hard for me as somebody who does not really use GNUmed to find
sensible solutions here.  So just have a look at

   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/gnumed-client/trunk/

and inspect all files *README* or whatever seems worth changing.  Perhaps
you also consider changes to the description in debian/control.

--
http://fam-tille.de