[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed in Section contents in Synaptic Package Manage

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed in Section contents in Synaptic Package Manager
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 15:11:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Are you kidding me ?

Not really. ;-)

We should be happy if 5 out of 10 Joe
Users have the idea to type "med" into a search box - which
better know by itself that it should rather search for
"^.*med.*$". There's no way they'd think of typing that.

No, searching for .*med.* has to many results.  I mean what I wrote
but I admit we need a lot better documentation to point Joe User to this
feature - and thus naking a real feature out of what you were regarding
a joke ...

That should not be too hard.  Later we might be able to
ship a dedicated Debian Med CD that has an adapted tasksel menu which
features the options you get from the med-* packages.

Sounds reasonable.

The only problem is that this takes *a lot* of time.  The real reason
why I'm so busy on the Debian Integrated Solutions (formerly known as
CDD) front is, that I hope that other people might work on the tools
we might be adopt easily for Debian Med.  I'm fighting for a unification
of all the useful stuff that is needed for every DIS - I hope that
this will work out successfully for Lenny+1.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de