[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:48:38 +0200

>>>>> "Sebastian" == Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Sebastian> You need a script on a server pulling emails that were sent
Sebastian> to address@hidden (those are the ones that come
Sebastian> from the traces) , gpg-sign them automically and send them to
Sebastian> launchpad. Nice little program for a python beginner.

I did it without python as zsh script.

Sebastian> Let me reality check you here. Do you think that changing
Sebastian> anything *but* GNUmed feature will increase interested
Sebastian> persons let alone users ?

Sebastian> If Firefox switched to launchpad and bzr do you think it
Sebastian> would influence your decision ?

Of course not.

However, there is another side of the coin which I look as - number of
devs, how big is the community, support etc.

Features are not all in all when you see a single dev with low number of
users indicating that project may die at any moment.

Sebastian> I welcome your effort to increase the maintainability of the
Sebastian> project for the case that the userbase will reach something
Sebastian> like 100 users but those users come because of features not
Sebastian> because of technology.

Technology helps to improve the shape of the project - those are tools
to help accomplish the task in more effective & efficient way.

Sebastian> Ask your wife why she would use GNUmed. Because you like the
Sebastian> code ? or because she can get work done ?

Neither of the two if you want straight answer!

She is more happy using pen & paper, but will use GNUmed or whatever app
I choose because of my choice :-D

Sebastian> Anyone volunteering to become involved as MOTU so fixes will
Sebastian> go in faster ?

I'm not running Ubuntu.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D