Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client 0.3.2 database mismatch

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client 0.3.2 database mismatch
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:17:44 -0700

On 11-Sep-08, at 10:30 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

What exactly is your problem ? Unable to login with a 0.3.2 client ?

Ah... I think I have it...

When I first logged into the 0.3.2 client, I saw in my login window popup options not only:

        public GNUmed database
        local GNUmed database

but also three more:

        GNUmed database on this machine (Windows)
        GNUmed database on this machine (Linux/Mac)
        GNUmed database at salaam.homeunix.com

The last three come from

        /GNUmed-0.3.2/client/gm-from-cvs.log

Evidently clients (from tarball) at loading, will pre-populate the connection options first from

        /etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf (if it exists)

where mine happened specify v8 inevident from the profile name; below this get appended profiles from

        /client/gm-from-cvs.log

These values are all read each time, so that if one renames or deletes or comments out profiles in

        /etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf (if it exists)

then these will not show up the next time the client is run from tarball. However in order to not disturb people who may still use the earlier client (say, production) on the same machine it is wiser to leave /etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf unchanged and just know to pick from profiles that reside lower-down in the list :-)