[Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 feedback: EMR tree

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 feedback: EMR tree
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:54:53 -0700

6) we have been having discussion about the difference between clinical (disease) chronology -- as expressed by clin_when -- versus care / awareness and documentation chronology, as expressed by modified) when. I recently posted that both are important. I (mis?) understood that the EMR tree already used clin_when but it is not reflected by what I had put into the "Noted at Age or Year" fields.

Even though I assigned the item a "When noted Year" of 2005 we can see that the clinically relevant information about the occurrence in 2005 does not appear under the subjacent past medical history detail and instead the left-panel tree display for the encounter's clin narrative row is

        2008-9-11: in surgery

so I am wondering if this reflects that 2005 maybe only went into the field

        clin.health_issue.age_noted

but better also be copied into the clin.clin_narrative.clin_when
-- however what date to input when only the year or age, and not the month and date, were known?