Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 feedback: EMR tree

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 feedback: EMR tree
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 20:04:02 -0300

Agreed on both cases

Rogerio

2008/9/12 James Busser <address@hidden>
7) _expression_ of Foundational Health Issue information in the right panel of the tree

I know the english word "foundational" translated well on the devel list but in native use it is long and rather awkward. Considering the simplicity and wisdom ;-) that these issues live in a schema table called "Health issues" I recommend the client should display them named as "Health issues". I suspect the earlier form "foundational" was important as we evolved our way through how undifferentiated symptoms would be captured/reflected by episodes which could get an eventual explanation or attribution (foundational issue) or may not. But now that we can see it in the client I think it is OK and certainly clearer to the user to call the top-level tree items "Health issues".

As to the _expression_ (in the right side of the tree) of relative dates. I would suggest that only two levels among (years, months, days) are displayed. So if it is at age greater than 1 display only years and months, and only if age is  <1 display "Noted at age..." {months & days) and likewise for how long ago was the event which gets displayed in ()

I think we had agreement on this but maybe just not yet implemented.