Re: [Gnumed-devel] backup purposes (was Report)

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] backup purposes (was Report)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 08:38:04 -0300

I do not know whether there is any additional complex procedure to revive GNUmed server on a new machine, provided the Postgres got suitably configured. Shall we add to the Blueprints the need to develop and document the restore-from-dump procedure?

I tried the backup script that comes with the CVS and it did not work, it said I needed a backup.conf file, wich I never found.

And yes, we do need documentation (step by step) on how to make a backup and a restore of the database. The wiki advises to backup and backup and backup some more, but I did not make sense on how to do it ... maybe tutorial with screenshots? Maybe a simple button on GNUmed to backup the entire DB to a file?
This is a MUCH NEEDED feature (of course with gm-dbo permissions only)

Or improve the script so it IS automated.

Rogerio